Buddy Clearance & Registration Forms
To begin, you will need a free background check to attach to the sign up. Please read ALL of the instructions in the box and then go to the link to complete your criminal background check, required for all buddies and volunteers. IMPORTANT: You will need to SAVE your clearance to a PDF file to submit with your registration.
Please review all of the below instructions BEFORE going to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp to complete the clearance (This link will open in a new window if you need to go back and forth between this window and the new window)
- Open this link to get your criminal background clearance now: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “New Record Check”.
- Click the checkbox that you acknowledge that the clearance is for volunteer purposes.
- Complete the first form with the following information:
- Volunteer Organization Name: Night to Shine
- First Name; Mindy
- Last name: Bowen
- Address: 225 Crowe Ave, Mars, PA 16046
- Phone: 724-687-7880.
- Confirm that the information is correct on the next screen.
- Enter your personal information and click “Enter This Request”
- The same screen will come up again. Click “Finished”
- Click “submit” on the next form.
- On the next screen, you will be able to print or save a certificate. IMPORTANT: Either ‘Print to PDF’ format or ‘Save to PDF’ format a copy of the certificate required to upload on the next section with your registration. Only PDF formats will upload.
- You may print a copy for your records as well.
- Click on the control number and then click on “Certification Form” to open the certificate. Please make note of your CONTROL NUMBER and the date you submitted the request. This will allow you to access the clearance at a later date if necessary.
For questions or assistance, please contact Mindy by email here or calling 412-657-0744